How to Write a Job Acceptance Letter
You’ve received that long awaited and hoped for offer letter! After celebrating and receiving congratulations from friends and family, it’s time to write your acceptance letter back to the HR department. This letter is an important step to sealing your professional image with your new employer and clearly communicating your acceptance of the position.
Here are the key elements to include in your acceptance letter:
- Thank them for their generous offer and state that you accept the position at the location specified (if the company has multiple offices).
- Specify the date you intend to officially begin your employment with them. This clearly sets the expectation for them so they can make appropriate preparations on their end. You should also let them know time frame of notice you intend to give your former employer and explain that your start date may vary based on their acceptance of that notice.
- Reiterate the specifics of the offer letter you received so that they know you understand and agree to what they are offering you.
- Briefly mention any other details that were discussed in your final interview but are not specifically stated in the offer letter.
- Conclude with your enthusiasm for your future with them and how you hope to be a valuable asset and contributor to their company and its success.